Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Love is Art



After last week’s Naughty Mommy blog, it seems as though my readers are more intrigued by the topic of sex than I gave you all credit for.  So in keeping with that theme, I thought I’d share something my husband and I tried a few years ago. 

As you probably guessed, I am always on the lookout for unique experiences to bring into our bedroom.  For me, buying another “been there, done that” outfit from Fredericks of Hollywood is a bit boring. So, when I came across the Love is Art kit from Uncommon Goods, I excitedly placed my order.

When the kit arrived, it came neatly packaged in a tube, which contained a 54” x 41” canvas, plastic drop cloth, non-toxic paint, body scrubbers and disposable slippers.  (As silly as the slippers sound, they were much appreciated when our paint covered bodies had to slink from the canvas to the shower.)

For roughly the same price as a dinner for two, you can instead buy this kit and spend time with your partner romping around on a canvas, making love and art at the same time.  All you need is paint and passion.  

From our experience, I would recommend pouring some paint both on the canvas and on your bodies, as this covers more area.  But once the canvas is out and the paint is on, your only job is to simply go at it.

Just some quick notes:
  • The paint is a bit cold, but it’s nothing the heat between you and your partner can’t fix.  
  • The paint dries quickly, so I would say that a drawn out seduction scene is probably not meant for this product.
  • The paint easily washes off with soap and water.
  • This is a FUN experience.  If you are one of those people who, in the back of your mind, is going to worry about paint getting on your furniture, you are NOT going to appreciate this.  So, just let go and enjoy!

As for the cost, there is a choice between the regular kit ($60), which comes with either red or black paint, or the custom kit ($70), which gives you four paint colors of your choice.  There is also a canvas stretcher kit available for an extra $36, but my husband and I were able to suffice without it.

The finished product is now hanging in our bedroom.  It is fun to look at our canvas with the secret (or not so secret anymore) knowledge of how it was created.  So, if you are looking for a unique way to spice up your life in the bedroom, I strongly recommend giving this fun activity kit a try. 

The Love is Art kit can be found at uncommongoods.com