Monday, August 17, 2015

Downy Wrinkle Releaser


Did you ever have such a lazy day that you exited your house in a shirt that was so badly wrinkled that it looked like it had been chewed up and spit out by a hippo?  No?  Lucky you, then. 

There aren’t too many things in life that I cannot stand to do, but I truly despise ironing.  Years ago, in an effort to avoid ironing, I purchased a professional steamer, which has been nothing short of a miracle throughout my life.  That is-until I had children.  Once my girls were part of the picture, steaming clothes became something that seemed as ancient as going clubbing until seven in the morning.  Who has time for steaming clothes when you have real family emergencies such as finding the backup security blanket, taking the crusts off of the bread before a meltdown ensues, or reading that princess story for the hundredth time?

What I’m trying to say, in the longest winded way possible, is that the older I get, the less time I have.  And steaming/ironing clothes never seems to make it to the list of things I should do on a daily basis.  Enter Downy Wrinkle Releaser.  Now folks, this is not a new product.  Some of you may have been using this for years.  So, what I’m sharing with you is not groundbreaking.  But for those who have never used it, let me enlighten you on how absolutely fantastic this product is!

After a few sprays of the bottle, it immediately starts working its magic on your wrinkled clothing.  All you need to do is use your hand to smooth out the wrinkles.  Easy peasy!  The total process time is about one minute, but depending on how much spray the garment needed, you may need to give it a few extra minutes to dry.  Another added bonus-it smells like freshly laundered clothing.
Take a look at the before and after shots below. 

Before

After
So, if you have days where the thought of ironing makes you want to go back to bed, or if you’re like me, and simply don’t have time for ironing, I would absolutely recommend getting a bottle of Downy Wrinkle Releaser.  You can find it at your local grocery store or at amazon.com for roughly seven dollars.  Though the price is a little steep, it lasts a very long time, and is well worth the extra time you save from not having to lug out the ironing board!

Just a quick tip-they also make a travel size version, and I bring it with me on every vacation!  It truly has been a life saver!